This simple peach toast with salty feta and crunchy almonds is quick, healthy, and summer on a plate!
I love cooking with peaches, making the most of this fragrant summer fruit! From sweet Peach Eton mess and peach melba almond meringue gateau to this savoury peach toast recipe, peaches are such a versatile ingredient.
For this easy summer lunch, I toast bread, then top it with sliced peaches, tomatoes, chopped toasted almonds before sprinkling over salty feta and fresh oregano. A drizzle of olive oil finishes it off!
I say lunch, but you could also enjoy this peach toast for breakfast!
- Peaches: I love using white peaches in this recipe, but you could also use yellow peaches. Try to buy ripe soft and juicy peaches, as they have so much more flavour than hard unripe ones.
- Bread: A sturdier bread like sourdough (as used in these images) work best, but this recipe will work with whatever bread you have to hand!
- Herbs: I love oregano, but you could also use fresh thyme or fresh basil.
Ideas for mixing it up:
If you don’t like nuts, it works without the almonds. If you want a vegan toast idea, then leave out the feta!
If you sliced a baguette into slices, you could make it into peach crostini and serve it as a canape or starter.
And if you want a low carb option, then ditch the bread altogether! The toast topping makes a delicious salad! Throw in a handful of rocket and you’re good to go!
Talking of feta in salads, you may like to have a look at these…
More Feta Salad Recipes
- Orange, carrot and feta salad – this vibrant salad is a stunning side!
- Beetroot and feta salad – this salad can be enjoyed as a side or on it’s own, and the sticky walnuts are so morish!
- Green bean salad with feta and walnuts – a tasty pairing to fish, lamb or chicken.
This post was originally published in December 2018. It has been updated with more information and new photos. The recipe remains the same.
Peach Toast with Feta and Almonds
- 2 slices bread
- small handful of almonds approx 7
- 1 small to medium ripe peach yellow or white
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 50-75 g feta cheese
- olive oil
- sprig of fresh oregano
- black pepper
- Toast the almonds in a dry pan over a low heat for a couple of minutes, shaking the pan so they don't catch. Tip out on a plate to cool. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
- Toast the bread.
- Whilst the bread is toasting, slice the peach in half, then slice into thin wedges. Halve or quarter the tomatoes, depending on how big they are.
- Place the toast on a plate and drizzle with a little olive oil. Top with the peach wedges, tomatoes, crumble over the feta, sprinkle over the almonds and fresh oregano.
- Drizzle over a little more olive oil before sprinkling with a little black pepper.
- Eat immediately.
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see your creation!
Or just leave a comment below!
This looks so fresh and delicious – I must try this before peaches disappear from the stores for the year!
Thanks Jaimie! It’s a lovely summer dish – hope you get some peaches before they disappear for another year!