You only need 3 ingredients to make this Peach Eton Mess, a light and delicious summer dessert that’s ready in less than 10 minutes!
Juicy in season peaches are mixed with greek yogurt and crushed up meringues to make this lighter version of traditional Eton Mess.
Whilst peaches are in season, I love to make the most of them in summer recipes such as this almond meringue Peach Melba Gateau (which also uses greek yogurt); or for a savoury peach recipe, this peach toast with feta and almonds for an easy summer lunch.
Why we love this eton mess recipe:
- It’s ready in 10 minutes – just chop, crush and mix.
- It’s a no cook dessert – perfect for hot summer evenings!
- The addition of meringue turns yogurt and fruit into a special dessert.
- It’s a delicious and easy summer peach dessert.
Ingredients List – there’s only 3!
Greek Yogurt: Whilst you can use half fat Greek yogurt in this dessert, I like to use full fat as it is creamier. Also, reduced fat yogurts tend to have more additives in them.
Peaches: Buy the ripest peaches you can as they will be more juicy and packed with flavour. You can use yellow or white peaches in this recipe. I tend to use yellow peaches as they add a lovely splash of colour to the dessert.
Meringues: You can use shop bought or homemade (it is a great recipe to use up broken or imperfect meringues!)
More no bake recipes:
I love no bake desserts and slices, there is something satisfying about creating something delicious without having to switch the oven on!
- Rocky Road – made from chocolate, marshmallows, almonds and biscuit crumbs, this is a seriously addictive no bake slice!
- Maltesers Rocky Road – a nut free variation of rocky road with malty Maltesers.
- Nanaimo Bars – this Canadian classic bar/slice with three layers is always popular!
- Ginger and Apricot Fridge Slice – an easy and delicious chocolate slice which is a great recipe for leftover biscuit crumbs!
This post was originally published in January 2019. It has been updated with new photos and more information. The recipe remains the same.
Light Peach Eton Mess
- 2-3 tablespoons full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 peach
- 25 g meringues Approx 1 meringue nest
- Roughly chop the peach and place into a mixing bowl.
- Crush the meringue so you have some larger bite size pieces and some smaller chunks, add these two the chopped peach together with the greek yogurt.
- Lightly stir everything together, spoon into two glasses/small bowls, and eat straight away.
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to see your creation!
Or just leave a comment below!
[…] Light Peach Eton Mess by Mrs Jone’s Kitchen […]