Green beans with feta and almonds in a simple lemon vinaigrette is a delicious and easy side that is perfect for barbecues. It also goes really well with salmon or chicken, or serve on it’s own with a slice of bread for a tasty light lunch!
Why we love this recipe
Just 6 ingredients combine to make this fresh and easy side or salad which you can whip up in minutes. Green french beans are cooked until just tender but still retaining some bite, before being dressed in a zingy lemon and dijon dressing, with creamy feta and crunchy almonds. You can make it into a salad and make it a day ahead and keep in the fridge – which makes it a side I love to use when we are having guests.
Yes you can. If you cook them 3-5 minutes so they still retain some crunch, they are delicious served cold!
They will last about 5 days in the crisper.
What to serve with these green beans
- Grilled or barbecued lamb.
- Roast chicken or chicken thighs.
- Grilled salmon.
My recipe tips
- Don’t overcook the green beans, you want them to still have some crunch.
- Dairy free/vegan: Omit the feta and mix in a tablespoon of kalamata olives.
- An extra delicious step: Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan or under the grill under golden before mixing them into the salad.If you don’t have the time though, the salad still tastes amazing!
More easy salad recipes
Green Beans with Feta and Almonds
- 400 g green beans
- 100 g feta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 50 g almonds roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to boil then add the beans and cook for 3-4 mins until tender.
- Cool under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and Dijon mustard and season with black pepper – don’t add salt as the feta is salty.
- Crumble over the feta and almonds then mix lightly to just combine.
- Serve straight away or place in fridge overnight and bring to room temperature before serving.