Just 6 ingredients combine to make this fresh and easy salad which you can whip up in minutes. Green french beans are cooked until just tender but still retaining some bite, before being dressed in a zingy lemon and dijon dressing, with creamy feta and crunchy almonds. You can make the salad a day ahead and keep in the fridge – which makes it one I love to use when we are having guests.
What to serve with this green bean salad
As well as lamb, the salad pairs beautifully with chicken or salmon. I often make extra so I can eat it for lunch the next day, with a slice or sourdough or on it’s own.
Make it Dairy free/vegan
Omit the feta and mix in some salty kalamata olives.
An extra delicious step:
Toasting the almonds before mixing them into the salad will add a lovely depth of flavour. If you don’t have the time though, the salad still tastes amazing!
Green Bean Salad with Feta and Almonds
- 400 g green beans
- 100 g feta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 50 g almonds roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to boil then add the beans and cook for 3-4 mins until tender.
- Cool under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and Dijon mustard and season with black pepper – don’t add salt as the feta is salty.
- Crumble over the feta and almonds then mix lightly to just combine.
- Serve straight away or place in fridge overnight and bring to room temperature before serving.