This quick and easy air fryer garlic bread recipe is ready in 10 minutes and is such an easy side dish. Crispy golden brown edges, soft and garlicky in the middle, serve it up and watch it disappear in minutes!
Crispy and golden toasts topped with a garlic parsley butter, they are a quick and easy side to soups and stews, or salads.
Why we love this recipe
- Easy to make
- 6 Ingredients
- The air fryer cooks the garlic, so there are no harsh bits of garlic in your garlic bread!
- You only need to spread one side of the toasts with garlic butter – meaning it isn’t as greasy as traditional garlic bread.
- Making garlic bread at home means you know exactly what goes into it.
- It is an easy and delicious way to stretch out a meal when you have unexpected guests!
- Bread – I like to use a small French baguette. For photographing, the supermarkets were out of baguette so I used a ciabatta baguette, which worked really well.
- Butter – Use softened butter.
- Garlic – Whilst you can use jarred or fresh garlic, I like to use fresh garlic.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley is classic garlic bread addition.
How to make garlic bread in the air fryer
- Cut your baguette into slices.
- Mix softened butter with crushed garlic.
- Stir in chopped fresh parsley.
- Spread butter on one side of the slice of bread and place in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook until golden.
Chervil is close in flavour, but milder. Oregano is a lovely substitution too, as is basil.
Toasting it at a high temperature for a short amount of time (like in the air fryer) helps make garlic bread that isn’t soggy. Adding an even layer of garlic butter on each slice should give you some moisture, but not too much to make the bread soggy.
My tips for success
- Use fresh garlic
- Use unsalted butter – then you can add your own salt to your taste.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature – then you can easily mix the garlic and parsley into it, and spread it on an even layer onto the bread.
Ideas to serve garlic bread with
Garlic bread goes with so many dishes! Here are a few of my favourites:
Other recipes for you to enjoy
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer
- 1 small Baguette
- 3 tbsp (45g) Butter softened
- 1-2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you need to preheat your air fryer, preheat to 180°C /356˚F
- Cut the baguette into 9 slices approx. 2.5cm(1 inch) thick.
- Mix the butter, garlic, parsley salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spread liberally onto the baguette slices and place in the Air Fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer at 180°C /356˚F for 4-5 minutes.
- Depending on your air fryer, you may need to cook in a couple of batches.
- Best eaten straight away.