Air fryer garlic bread is a quick, easy – and so delicious! – side to soups, stews, and salads. It takes just 10 minutes to make these crispy golden toasts topped with garlic parsley butter.
Following on from my air fryer pizza rolls recipe and air fryer carrots, I have recently been enjoying making homemade garlic bread in the air fryer too. Air fried garlic bread is all you want in a garlic bread recipe: crunchy edges, soft buttery centres, and of course, packed with garlic. The bonus with making it in the air fryer is that it is on the table in just 10 minutes!
Why we love this recipe
- Garlic toast in the airfryer is so easy to make – beat butter with garlic and parsley, spread on bread and toast in the airfryer.
- Quick – it is ready in 10 minutes, including prep and cook time!
- The air fryer cooks the garlic, so there are no harsh bits of garlic in your garlic bread!
- You only need to spread one side of the toasts with garlic butter – meaning it isn’t as greasy as traditional garlic bread.
- Making garlic bread at home means you know exactly what goes into it.
- It is an easy and delicious way to stretch out a meal when you have unexpected guests!
- Bread – I like to use a small French baguette or a ciabatta baguette. You can also use slices of ciabatta or sourdough or make it with sliced bread.
- Butter – Use softened unsalted butter.
- Garlic – You can use jarred minced garlic, or fresh garlic. I like to use fresh garlic and crush it myself, but that is purely personal.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley is classic garlic bread addition, but here are some substitutes for parsley.
How to make garlic bread in the air fryer
- Cut the baguette into slices.
- Mix softened butter with crushed garlic.
- Stir in chopped fresh parsley.
- Spread butter on one side of the slice of bread and place in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the garlic toasts in the air fryer until golden.
Toasting it at a high temperature for a short amount of time (like in the air fryer) helps make garlic bread that isn’t soggy. Adding an even layer of garlic butter on each slice should give you some moisture, but not too much to make the bread soggy.
Garlic bread is cooked at 180°C /356˚F. Some makes and models of air fryer require preheating, whereas others don’t, so check your air fryer instructions before you cook.
Yes you can. Cook from frozen at 170˚C / 338˚F for 6-10 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of your bread. Check after 5 minutes and then cook until golden and hot in the middle.
My recipe tips for success
- Use unsalted butter – then you can add your own salt to your taste.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature before you start. This will make it much easier to work with when mixing the crushed garlic and chopped parsley into it, and spread it on an even layer onto the bread.
- Make sure you leave room between the slices of bread in the air fryer, this will help them crisp up rather than become soggy.
- If your instant pot has an air fryer mode, you can make homemade garlic bread in your instant pot!
- Bread: For cheesy garlic bread, top with some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Delicious! Or go for a garlic pizza flavour and top with some torn mozzarella (go easy on it though to it doesn’t drip into the air fryer)
- Texas toast – use thick sliced bread, about 1″ (2.5cm) thick instead of the baguette.
Garlic bread goes with so many dishes! Here are a few of my favourites:
- Serve alongside tomato based stews and casseroles – sausage rougaille, Spanish chorizo stew, Basque chicken or this vegetarian lentil ragu
- Alongside soup – carrot and lentil soup or mushroom soup.
- Use as a garlicky toast base, and pile on your favourite toppings: savoury mince, eggs piperade, or this white bean caprese salad for a tasty lunch.
- Serve with a rocket salad or pear and walnut salad to make a more substantial meal.
Other garlic recipes for you to enjoy
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer
- 1 small baguette
- 3 tablespoons (45g) unsalted butter softened
- 1-2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you need to preheat your air fryer, preheat to 180°C /356˚F
- Cut the baguette into 9 slices approx. 2.5cm(1 inch) thick.
- Mix the butter, garlic, parsley salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spread liberally onto the baguette slices and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer at 180°C /356˚F for 4-5 minutes.
- Depending on your air fryer, you may need to cook in a couple of batches.
- Best eaten straight away.