These Moroccan air fryer carrots are cooked until sweet and tender and then mixed with cumin salt. An easy and healthy snack or side dish, they are ready in just 20 minutes!
These air fried roasted carrots are on repeat in our house – we have them at least twice a week. Sweet and salty, they are so addictive, it’s hard to stop snacking on them until the bowl is empty! I may have done exactly that when making them to photograph 😉
Carrots and cumin are a delicious classic pairing. Years ago I watched a travel show and they were in Morocco trying roast lamb dipped in cumin and salt, so I thought why not coat carrots with a simple cumin and salt coating – and it works! To make: mix ground cumin and salt together!
Why we love this recipe
- Only 4 ingredients.
- Quick and simple recipe – only 5 minutes prep time!
- Cook in 15 minutes.
- The carrots make a healthy snack and side dish.
- Olive Oil
- Ground cumin
How to roast Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Peel and chop carrots into equal size sticks.
- Mix with a little olive oil and coat thoroughly.
- Place them in a single layer in the air fryer and cook.
- When tender and golden, take out of the air fryer.
- Sprinkle over the cumin salt.
- Stir well so all the carrots get coated in the cumin.
Frequently Asked Questions
I prefer to peel my carrots, but you don’t have to. If you don’t peel them, scrub them to remove any dirt.
They’re ready when they are tender – there should be no crunch left in the carrot.
You can keep the in the fridge for up to 2 days.
How to serve roasted carrots
- With a dip.
- As a side with Moroccan lamb meatballs, roast lamb or chicken.
- Add them to a salad.
Tips for success
- Cut the carrot sticks the same size and thickness so they cook evenly
- A little oil helps prevent the carrots from drying out
- Season at the end of the cooking
- If you need to double the amount, do it in two batches – if you fill the air fryer basket too full the carrots won’t cook as quickly.
- Air fried carrots become tender rather than crisp.
- They can burn, so do keep an eye on them.
More carrot recipes
Moroccan Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer
- 3 Carrots
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- If you need to preheat your air fryer, preheat to 190°C / 374˚F.
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut into equal size sticks, approx 2cm (.78") thick and 4-5cm (1.57 – 1.96") lengths.
- Place them in a bowl and mix with the oil to coat the carrots evenly.
- Place the carrots in the Air Fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook at 190°C / 374˚F for 10-15 minutes, until tender, shaking halfway through.
- The carrots are ready when tender and they have a little colour on the edges.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground cumin and salt together.
- Remove basket from Air Fryer, place the carrots into a heat proof bowl, sprinkle over the cumin salt and stir to combine.