These easy air fryer carrot fries are cooked until sweet and tender and then mixed with cumin salt. A simple and healthy snack or side dish, they are ready in just 20 minutes!
These air fryer carrot fries are made on repeat in our house – we have them at least twice a week. Sweet and salty, they are so addictive, it’s hard to stop snacking on them until the bowl is empty!
Why we love this recipe
- Only 3 ingredients – and they are every day ingredients.
- Quick and simple – this recipe requires only 5 minutes prep time, then let them fry in the air fryer for 15 minutes.
- The carrots make a healthy snack as well as a side dish.
- They can easily be adapted to different flavourings. One of my favourites is ground cumin mixed with salt for a Moroccan flavouring.
Ingredients notes and substitutions
- Carrots – I use the budget friendly bags of carrots from the supermarket, but you can use baby carrots and cut them in to halves or quarters depending on their size.
- Oil – olive oil.
- Salt – kosher or sea salt.
- Ground cumin – this is optional. You can just season your roasted carrots with salt or for other seasonings please see suggestions below.
How to roast Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Peel and chop carrots into equal size sticks.
- Drizzle over olive oil and mix so the carrots are coated in the oil.
- Place the carrot sticks in a single layer in the air fryer and cook.
- When tender and golden, take out of the air fryer.
- Sprinkle over the cumin salt.
- Stir well so all the carrots get coated in the cumin.
I prefer to peel my carrots, but you don’t have to. If you don’t peel them, scrub them to remove any dirt.
They’re ready when they are tender – there should be no crunch left in the carrot.
You can keep the roasted carrots in the fridge for up to 2 days.
My Recipe Tips
- Cut the carrot sticks the same size and thickness so they cook evenly
- A little oil helps prevent the carrots from drying out
- Season at the end of the cooking
- If you need to double the amount, do it in two batches – if you fill the air fryer basket too full the carrots won’t cook as quickly.
- Air fried carrots become tender rather than crisp.
- The carrot fries can burn, so keep an eye on them.
- Air fried carrots make a healthy alternative to chips/crisps to serve with dips. They go especially well with yogurt based dips such as this garlicky Haydari.
- As a side with Moroccan lamb meatballs, roast lamb or baked chicken thighs.
- Add the roasted carrots to a salad, either warm or cold.
- Instead of the cumin, sprinkle with a tiny pinch of ground cinnamon or ground coriander.
- Herby carrots: sprinkle with finely chopped fresh parsley or thyme.
- Cheese: sprinkle over a handful of parmesan cheese and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Sweet: drizzle cooked air fryer carrots with a little honey or maple syrup.
More carrot recipes
Easy Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer
- 3 Carrots
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cumin optional
- If you need to preheat your air fryer, preheat to 190°C / 374˚F.
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut into equal size sticks, approx 2cm (.78") thick and 4-5cm (1.57 – 1.96") lengths.
- Place them in a bowl and mix with the oil to coat the carrots evenly.
- Place the carrots in the Air Fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook at 190°C / 374˚F for 10-15 minutes, until tender, shaking halfway through.
- The carrots are ready when tender and they have a little colour on the edges.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground cumin and salt together.
- Remove basket from Air Fryer, place the carrots into a heat proof bowl, sprinkle over the cumin salt and stir to combine.