The idea for these cheese garlic mushroom quinoa bites came from the deep fried garlicky mushrooms I used to love as a kid. Made with quinoa and cottage cheese, and oven baked, they are definitely a healthier – but no less moorish – take. Mini Jones seems to really like them and they freeze really well too!
Have you made this recipe? Tag me on Instagram #atmrsjoneskitchen or Facebook, or leave a comment below. I’d love to see your creation!
Cheese Garlic Mushroom Quinoa Bites
- 40 g quinoa
- 1 dsp olive oil
- 250 g mushrooms peeled and finely sliced
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 egg beaten
- 100 g cottage cheese
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard optional
- 20 g parmesan grated
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Oven 170˚C/340˚F
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions (usually around 15 minutes or so), then drain and cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat and fry the mushrooms for a couple of minutes, until they are golden. Turn the heat down and add the zucchini, then cook until both are soft and any liquid has evaporated. Add the garlic and cook for just a minute more. Cool.
- Beat the egg with the cottage cheese and mustard, if using, until well combined. Add the cooked quinoa and mushroom mixture, parmesan and black pepper. Stir well.
- Place dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on baking sheets lined with baking paper and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the bites are set and beginning to turn golden.
- Cool on tray.
- To freeze: freeze in a single layer on a baking tray for a few hours, then pack them into a container/bag and take out as you need.
Keep up to date with all my latest
recipes straight to your inbox &
FIRST eBOOK PURCHASE
Don't worry you can unsubscribe at any
time if it's not for you.