This roast vegetable and almond hummus can easily be made nut free by simply omitting the almonds. If giving this to a child under 5 years of age, make sure there are no large lumps of nut in the hummus as they could pose a choking risk. I like to make a batch without the almonds, then take a couple of spoonfuls out for Mini Jones and blend the almonds with the rest of the hummus for Mr Jones and I.
Roast Vegetable and Almond Hummus
- 2 medium zucchini/courgettes sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum/pepper
- 1 medium green capsicum/pepper
- 2 cloves garlic skin left on
- 1 dsp olive oil
- 80 g almonds
- 400 g tin chickpeas drained
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F
- Place the zucchini, capsicums, and garlic in an even layer on a roasting tray. Drizzle with the olive oil then toss with your hands to coat. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until soft. If using, sprinkle over the almonds then place back in the oven for 5 minutes, until the almonds are toasted and fragrant. Cool.
- In a blender, squeeze out the garlic from the skins and add the roasted vegetables, nuts, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, smoked paprika, and blend until your desired consistency – I like mine slightly chunky. Add a little more olive oil if its too thick.
- Will keep in fridge for a couple of days.
Keep up to date with all my latest
recipes straight to your inbox &
FIRST eBOOK PURCHASE
Don't worry you can unsubscribe at any
time if it's not for you.