During the summer months especially, these little blueberry yogurt drops are great to have in the freezer. I have to be honest, baby Mini Jones wasn’t too sure of them initially – it was the first time he’d eaten something frozen – but after 5 minutes, he decided that, actually, he did like them, and kept asking for more!
They are still a popular healthy frozen treat for him 18 months later, as a busy toddler.
The blueberry yogurt drops couldn’t be easier to make: just blitz and freeze.
If you are looking for more baby led weaning ideas, have a look at my 3 ingredient Porridge Bites these no added sugar Banana Muffins or these Drop Scones
Blueberry Yogurt Drops
- 2 tablespoons plain full fat greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons blueberries
- Line a baking sheet or tray with baking parchment.
- Blitz the yogurt and blueberries together with a stick blender until it is smooth.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking parchment, then place into freezer, uncovered.
- Once frozen, carefully remove the drops and place in a tupperware container or plastic bag.
- The drops soften pretty quickly, and melt in the mouth.
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
I'd love to see your creation!
Or just leave a comment below!
Can you substitute other fruit for the blueberries?
Hi Anna, yes you can use strawberries – around 2 strawberries for this recipe – raspberries, mango, peach. You don’t want to add too much fruit as this will water down the yogurt and the make the yogurt drops flat rather than little discs when they freeze. Hope this helps!