This 4 ingredient baby french toast with strawberries and ricotta is a tasty baby led weaning french toast as well as being a delicious recipe that toddlers and kids love too! Ready in under 10 minutes, it makes a fun breakfast or lunch.
Based on my baby eggy bread recipe, this french toast (or eggy bread, if you are in the UK :)) is topped with mashed ricotta and fresh strawberries. Ready in minutes, it is such a colourful and easy recipe, and one of my son’s favourite blw breakfasts (and one which he still loves to eat now, 3 years later!).
Why we love this recipe
- It’s a delicious finger food for little hands.
- Quick and easy.
- The whole family love it – I say it’s for babies, toddler and kids, but Mr Jones and I love this recipe too!
If making this for your baby, make sure you have exposed them to egg, wheat, gluten, dairy and strawberries before making this french toast.
- Bread – medium sliced ready sliced/sandwich bread makes blw french toast that is soft but not mushy. I recommend you check the sodium levels in your bread and look for the lowest levels. Bread with large seeds is not recommended either, as they could cause a choking risk.
- Strawberries – use ripe strawberries, as they mash easier.
- Ricotta – use full fat ricotta.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Recipe Tips
- Use a non stick frying pan – this means you don’t have to use any oil/fat when cooking the french toast.
- Use ripe strawberries, these will taste sweeter and be easier to mash.
- This is a small batch french toast – you can easily increase the quantities if you want to make it for the rest of the family too!
- You can cut the eggy bread/French toast into sticks, as here, or using a cookie cutter cut into fun shapes.
- If you don’t want to spread the ricotta on top of the french toast, then you can serve it on the side as a dip (something toddler Jones loved!)
More baby led weaning breakfast recipes for you
These recipes are delicious for breakfast – or any time of the day actually!
This post was originally published November 2018. It has been updated with more information and photos to help you make the best recipe possible! The recipe has not changed.
Strawberry Baby French Toast
- 1 egg
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 tbsp ricotta
- 2 strawberries finely chopped/mashed
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg. Lay the slice of bread in the egg and leave for 30 seconds or so, then flip and do the same with the other side. The bread should absorb most of the egg.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and lay the bread in the pan* Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Whilst the bread is cooking, mix the strawberries with the ricotta.
- Cut the bread into fingers or shapes or your choice, and top with the strawberry ricotta.