Originating in South Tyrol, Northern Italy, the Hugo is an elderflower cocktail is popular throughout Italy, Germany and Switzerland.
So easy to prepare, and with only a few ingredients, this Hugo cocktail recipe one that you can easily make for 1, 2 or 50 people. Enjoy as an aperitif or have centre stage at a cocktail party.
For an Elderflower summer mocktail:
Use all sparkling water and no prosecco/sparkling wine, or use alcohol free prosecco.
Serve this cocktail with…
Here are some other amazing and simple canapés ideas from some lovely blogger friends of mine:
Caprese Bread Tartlets from It’s Not Complicated Recipes – 5 ingredients and such a great idea with bread!
Cheese Gougeres from A Baking Journey – which are freezable, making them perfect for entertaining!
Nectarine Bruschetta with Prosciutto and Honey from The Home Cook’s Kitchen – honey infused goats cheese, need I say more *drooling*
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Spoons from Sprinkle And Sprouts – a tasty low calorie canapé idea
Cucumber Appetizer Bites from Peter’s Food Adventures – a light, gluten free bite.
Refreshing Hugo Spritz Recipe
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 1-2 teaspoon elderflower syrup
- 200 ml prosecco or sparkling wine
- 50 ml sparkling water
- 1 wedge lime
- Ice cubes
- Fill a glass halfway with ice cubes.
- Clap mint leaves in between hands to release the flavour, then place in the glass on top of the ice cubes.
- Pour over the elderflower syrup, then the prosecco and sparkling water.
- Place a wedge of lime on the top, and serve straight away.