This easy Greek salad recipe is full of juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers and green capsicum/pepper, salty feta and olives, dressed in a simple vinaigrette.
This classic Mediterranean salad is one of my go to salad recipes at the moment. It is crispy, refreshing, and full of interesting flavours – salty olives and cheese, vinegar-spiked capers, and fragrant fresh herbs. Not only is it super tasty; but it is ready in a matter of minutes.
The vinaigrette is a simple one of olive oil and red wine vinegar. It sets off the simple salad which is a showcase fresh and lovely ingredients – there is no need to overpower them with anything more complicated.
Enjoy the greek salad on its own, as a side to accompany fish, chicken or barbecued lamb. Leftovers taste great, which make it a wonderful addition to a lunchbox, or taken on a picnic. If you need to use the feta up, and are after another easy Greek dish, this Gigantes Plaki (greek Baked Beans) recipe can be eaten warm or cold.
Make it Your Greek Salad:
Onions: You can add ½ a finely sliced red onion if you prefer, which is traditional. I am not a great fan of raw onions so I leave them out.
No Capers: If you don’t have any, or are not a fan of capers, simple leave them out.
Easy Greek Salad
- 4 tomatoes or 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green capsicum/pepper
- 16-20 Kalamata olives
- ½-1 tbsp capers
- 150g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & black pepper
- Roughly chop the tomatoes (if using cherry tomatoes halve or quarter), cucumber and green capsicum/pepper into bitesize chunks.
- Place in a bowl.
- Halve the olives and add them to the tomatoes with the capers and roughly chopped oregano. Crumble in the feta.
- In a small bowl whisk the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly mix. Check for seasoning and serve.