Made in just 10 minutes, this yeast free pizza dough is perfect for those nights you want pizza in a hurry. Add your toppings and you have fresh and delicious homemade pizza on the table in under 30 minutes! If your family love pizza, then this quick and easy pizza dough is for you!
Homemade pizza is something I make every week. Whilst I love using my easy pizza dough recipe, sometimes I am not able to start making it a couple of hours before we eat. This is where this no yeast pizza dough comes in: mix and knead whilst the oven is heating up, top it with homemade pizza sauce, bought tomato sauce or pesto, and your favourite pizza toppings, then cook for 10-12 minutes. You can also top it with leftovers and make a pizza from leftovers, something I do a lot to save food going to waste.
- Flour – use bread flour if you can, but if you don’t have it in, use plain flour or all purpose flour.
- Salt – adds flavour.
- Oil – use olive oil, this makes the dough softer and adds flavour too.
- Baking powder – make sure your baking powder is in use by date.
How to make pizza dough with baking powder
(For the full, detailed recipe, please see the recipe card below)
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Knead for a few minutes until soft.
- Roll out on a floured board. Now it’s ready to top with your toppings of choice!
If you can rest the dough for 15 minutes, it will relax the gluten in the flour and make the dough more elastic and easier to roll.
Adding salt makes such a difference with flavour! Using olive oil in the pizza dough will add flavour too.
My Recipes Tips
- Don’t skip the salt, this adds flavour to your pizza dough (I have made pizza dough without salt, and it was so bland).
- Use a thin layer of tomato sauce on your pizza.
- Make sure the oven is fully heated before you place the pizza in it.
- Homemade pizza sauce and mozzarella, topped with fresh basil or oregano (as picture below)
- Pesto and goats cheese.
- Bacon and caramelised onion, like this German pizza, Flammkuchen (a great cheese and tomato-free pizza option).
More easy family friendly dinners for you
Yeast Free Pizza Dough
- 200g (1⅓ c) plain flour ($0.24 /£0.10p)
- ½ teaspoon salt ($0.01 /£0.01p)
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder ($0.25 /£0.08p)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ($0.16 /£0.08p)
- 120ml (½c) warm water ($0 /£0)
- Preheat the oven to 210˚F fan / 230˚C / 410˚F convection / 446˚F
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the water and oil and mix to combine.
- Knead for 3-4 minutes until soft and elastic.
- Roll out on a floured board.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and top with your chosen toppings.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the crust is golden.