Celebrate summer with this easy cucumber gazpacho. Made with cucumbers, garlic, spring onions and almonds, it’s a light and refreshing cold soup.
This soup is so simple: just blend, chill and serve.
Gazpacho is the ultimate summer soup for me. Cool and full of refreshing summer flavours; whether the more traditional tomatoes, or as here, with cucumbers. When the scorching summer sun and relentless heat is draining energy and the inclination to cook, this cold soup is just the thing you want to make and eat.
Cooling cucumber is blended with garlic, spring onions and almonds to make this a vegan soup the whole family can enjoy. However I know raw garlic and onions are not to everyone’s tastes, so for a cold cucumber soup without onions, and which is also nut free, have a look at this cucumber soup made with Greek yogurt.
Sliced or diced cucumber and radishes, chopped almonds, and fresh mint leaves all make delicious crunchy toppings.
Keep in the fridge for up to a day. It can separate so give a good stir before serving.
If you like this summer recipe, you might also like:
Or for something sweet: No churn passionfruit ice cream
Vegan cucumber Gazpacho
- 2 spring onions roughly chopped
- 1 cloves garlic
- 125 ml | ½ c cold water
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large Lebanese cucumbers roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- black pepper
- 2 radishes, a few slices cucumber and a couple of almonds to serve, optional
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Check for seasoning.
- Pour into a bowl and cover. Place in fridge for a couple of hours to chill.
- When ready to serve, give the soup a quick stir then pour into bowls and enjoy on its own or top with sliced radishes, cucumber and chopped almonds.