This recipe for an egg sandwich couldn’t be simpler; in fact I am reluctant to call it a recipe, but part of blogging recipes – and reading recipes whether online or in book form – is for ideas.
You need just 3 ingredients: bread, boiled egg and avocado. Nothing else!
The avocado provides a creaminess that mayonnaise would traditionally do in an egg sandwich, but is A LOT healthier!
It was a favourite sandwich recipe of mine to make for baby led weaning, but was so tasty that we have continued to enjoy it whenever we want an egg sandwich for lunch. In fact I made this the other day, served 2.5 year old Mini Jones his whilst making Mr Jones’s and my avocado and egg sandwiches, turned around and Mini Jones had eaten ALL of his sandwich!
This recipe is enough to make one sandwich, but can easily be doubled, tripled, or scaled to however many people you need to feed!
If you are looking for more easy baby led weaning recipes, then these 3 ingredient Porridge Bites are always popular (even as a toddler snack!), as are these no added sugar Banana Muffins and these nut free Spinach Pesto Pinwheels.
Avocado Egg Sandwich
- ¼ avocado ($0.35 /£0.20p)
- 1 hard boiled egg ($0.35 /£0.18p)
- 2 slices wholegrain bread ($0.24 /£0.09p)
- Boil the egg and cool (this step can be done up to 2 days before).
- Mash the egg with the avocado and spread evenly over one slice of bread.
- Lay the other slice on top and cut in half.
- (If giving to baby or young toddler, cut the crusts off the bread and cut into fingers).